Friday, February 16, 2007

Ready, Set, Go.


Finally! There has been some serious movement in the French direction over the past few days. First was the excruciating wait for my work permit,(for future reference, a courier from France to NZ takes at least 8 days!) and then the nerve wracking phone call from the embassy: "ah, I cannot find zee file with your passport - do you know where eet eez?", sure thing buddy, second drawer down on the left, red folder. It was finally unearthed and arrived back in my hands today - visa completed!
So I have a flight leaving Christchurch on the 21st, i've begun the sad goodbyes, and realised that even though i've given away armloads of clothes the left-overs are so not going to fit in my suitcase.
The long-range forecast is for 9 degrees on the day I arrive. Just like Dunedin today, so i'll be fine.

6 comments:

jessIe said...

yaaay and saaalut! go sophies blog! Its so pretty.

and your french adventure is about to start in just a few days! snaps 4 YOOOU!!!

I feel sad/nervous for you! Itll be soooo much fun though!

rad.

see you tonight!

Pierre-Etienne said...

Oi, don't make fun of the french accent!
I hope you'll have an amazing stay. I feel a bit jealous though, you'll know paris' museums better than I do :(

Anonymous said...

hey good on for livng the dream... sounds exciting... maybe i'll come visit one day...accomodation is so expensive in paris so it would be nice to have somewhere to crazh haha ( how presumptious of me)

Anonymous said...

ok. I hate weaning... lets face it, I dont even wean, its all cold turkey from here hehe.

Sopho, miss you already...so this blog better be amazing. I mean it already is...

lets talk pork?

Ryan said...

au revoir mon amie.
Enjoy the soon to be warmer weather and "well to do culture" will look forward to hearing of your different life there and seeing you again when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage! Sometimes you have just got to go for it in life! It will be a change after sleepy Dunners. You can visit Dagsey in Switzerland at some stage. I hear the Au Pairs have their own sub culture, so it will be interesting to hear how it all goes.

How long are you over there for?