Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm back

I'm back from a really wonderful holiday. It started slowly but ended up being jam-packed and covering three countries. I think I might spread it over a couple of posts, but I have put up lots of new photos (follow photo link) so you can skip ahead in the story if you like. So I started in Toulon where I was warmly welcomed and spent 3 lovely days discovering the region. The weather was fantastic and it was so nice to see the sea everyday. Highlights were: The medieval village of Castellet, which was very tiny and quaint and looked out over rolling hills of olive trees, vineyards and terracotta-coloured houses.
Going to another sweet little village to see a kind of blossom festival, much colour and noise and loads of people. And a steep climb up to the top of this village revealed the crumbling ruins of a castle and more sweeping views out over the Var region. I also enjoyed eating a lot of avocados and seeing a woman walking a ferret on a leash. Why is this suddenly a link? i do not know and I can't figure out how to change it so I'll leave this post for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE BACK!! yay! wow, sounds like you had an AWESOME time...
A ferret? AMAZING. I hope you know I used to walk my guinea pig on a leash. I was never allowed a ferret...
I will email you as soon as my essay is done, just dont trust myself to even go into my email right now in fear of writing you a novel!
RACHx

jessIe said...

TO. DIE. FOR.

OH MAN. I really enjoyed this post Soph, you dont even know.

I shall email you.

Now.

LOVES

XOOXOXO

Scotty said...

So no sign of fake looking dogs with fashioned hair cuts like I saw in Cannes? oodles of poodles.