Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Vienna

Eventually the time came when I had to leave the little paradise of Schladming, and head for Vienna. I had two days to run around the city before catching my flight back to Paris. It is a very beautiful city, and of a very manageable size. I was staying with my second (or third possibly?) cousin, who incidentally just moved to Paris this weekend. Here are some of the things I did and saw...

I also went to the zoo which was fascinating but kind of painful. I mean some of the animals just looked soooo miserable.

But this guy was incredibly cute and bored looking. I couldn't get a good shot of his eyes, but they were gentle and brown and very human-like.
So I think that wraps up Austria. It really was great, so much like NZ but with old stuff. Yes it is late and I am writing like a ten year old. I loved the shades of green, the bright starry nights, the thickets of raspberries growing in the woods, the tumbling waterfalls, the fat shiny blueberries that blanketed the hillsides. Okay, just a few last photos and then I can move onto more recent happenings.

1 comment:

Scotty said...

They are some great photos. It must be cool having relatives in these far off countries to stay with.