Saturday, October 6, 2007

For Anna!


I feel bad for people who check this blog regularly and find no updates!
So Anna, seeing as this post will feature your sister, it is dedicated to you!
I has been a GREAT week here! I can't think of a nice poetic way to express it in english - but, 'je me sens bien dans ma peau!' I think it might be something to do with autumn. I love seeing the trees change colour from week to week, I'm thankful to be living in such a leafy part of town. It's still reasonably light in the evenings, and during the day the skies are a lovely cool blue, and the wind is nippy enough for new scarf and gloves. And on top of that I've had the absolute pleasure of good Kiwi company. It's been a fabulous few months for visitors, I'll be sad once it's all over!
Alicia, Jessie and Emily arrived in Paris last weekend. They've been living out of their suitcases for months and I think they are doing so well to still have a good morale! We took it pretty easy (okay so I might have been a little brutal with wake-up time, but I like to maximize my weekends!) lots of strolling and shopping, eating, eating, eating and a Sophie's Special Bike Tour.
We had pretty awesome weather, 'hot' enough for jandals even. I love biking in Paris, it's is just magical to go rolling along the Seine, through the Latin quarter - and my fave - circle the pyramid of the Louvre.
They've popped down to Lyon for a few days, and will be back for more fun and games tomorrow. We're going to try and find a bar with some other Kiwi supporters and watch the AB's and les Bleues battle it out in the quarter final of the Rugby World Cup. So cool that France and NZ are coming up against each other! Also it's the Nuit Blanche tomorrow night, which sees the city turned into a series of outdoor contemporary art spaces. It sounds amazing, and photos are sure to follow!
For those of you who check my flicker photos, I've put up a heap more, all very muddled and in no order what-so-ever! It's like op-shopping.
ciao xx

3 comments:

Mrs Holman said...

wowee! I got a dedication! You should feel bad, but only for not being in Dunedin to personally entertain me!
It's cool to see some pics of y'all in Paris, thanks Soph :)

Jenn said...

sounds like you had fun with the girls! things goin well in Rome, hows the sitch with Babs? looking forward to seeing u again soon..ciao bella xx

Scotty said...

Enough said about that rugby. By the way, how does one juggle Facebook and Blogger?