Monday, January 14, 2008

still here!

The grip on the blog is weak at present but I will persevere. I'm so glad that people enjoy reading it, and at the risk of being a cheeky monkey: I will accept donations towards fixing my computer! A new hard-drive is a little difficult to stretch to when there are still at least 4 countires to visit on my list before the return to NZ. For the meantime I will be blogging intermittantly and without photos sorry. I'm secretly hoping that there is an un-known Parisian reader out their who's in the process of upgrading to a new laptop and would so love to give me their old one... Michel are you out there?
The down-side of internet cafes is that one feels a little self-conscious when bursting into laughter. The guy next to me has already figured out that I am an english-speaker and wants to chat about the All Blacks; yes I KNOW that France beat us, thank you for the reminder.
Has been a full-on week, but I'm very happy to be busy again. On Wednesday the kids don't have school in the afternoon, and this weeks activity was to take them (and 12 friends) to see a very popular kids group in concert (French equivalent of the Wiggles). The CDs are a favourite of the kids, so I knew most of the words and we had a great time being choo choo trains and cowboys. Back at the house it was total chaos and i felt like a veritable superwoman having coordinated the shoes-coats-off-handwash-sitdown-eat-drink-handwash-play-nicely for fifteen little darlings. After 10 months of this job there is little that can phase me.
More soon when I will tell you about the Galette des Rois...ooo exciting....

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Did you ever read 'the nanny diaries'? I just finished reading it - some of it reminded me of you but of course your job is in no way that extreme. I love thinking about what you would be doing in Paris, while I'm here in 'nu zulind'. And my mental images are somewhat more accurate now! Miss you and your regular internet presence. I'll pray for a computer-benefactor!