Wednesday, March 14, 2007

ca change la vie



This post is dedicated to my most demanding reader. Anna hopefully this should be online by the time you get to work! I'm just relaxing at home and watching ads on tv. Maybe I'm not used to watching tv but there seems to be about 5 minutes of program followed by 5 of ads. At least the French ones are fairly amusing, more amusing than the dubbed version of Bruce Almighty - they've got Jim Carrey's voice all wrong!
So, life continues in La Belle France. I did end up going to Salsa on Saturday night, it was great fun but we didn't know the area very well and finding the car afterwards was quite stressful. Caroline stayed over and the next morning we braved the traffic on the peripherique and headed to Fontainebleu. It was a really sweet little town, narrow winding streets, lovely little cafes and a cool castle to top it all off! Sadly my camera battery dies after I had taken two photos! Here they are, one of the castle entranceway, another of one of the lakes. The lakes were amazing, full of big fat carp that obviously get fed lots of scraps by tourists.
The sun was shining and we sat in the gorgeous gardens and read and ate chocolate. Drove home through the green countryside and the sun was setting behind the Eiffel tower as we entered Paris. It was so beautiful and we agreed that we were thrilled to be living in such a wonderful city.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have decided to mirror your life (just for the heck of it) so I have shifted to New Plymouth and am looking after my 4 sisters kids. Yes - my patience is being tested. I dont think i'll have 4 kids. I have also seen some local art (the len lye wind wand) and I have my own place too (a bus). Yes thats right - I am comapring New Plymouth with Paris. THe difference is that when you talk about gay paris the meaning is quite different to gay new plymouth. It is raining. Anyway. I must away. We are off to the the library with sick children. Whoop whoop.

sophie said...

Mahmoud I am intrigued. I'm wracking my brains to think of someone I know who might have moved to New Plymouth and go by the alias 'Mahmoud'. Can I have a clue?

Mrs Holman said...

I can't believe other people managed to read your latest post before me! It did put a smile on my face though (which is pretty good considering I have already been to dentist this morning!)

Scotty said...

Mahmoud sounds like a real character. I saw an old Butler Motors bus parked out the back of a house around the corner location Invercargill on it. Random.

jessIe said...

gah, to die for!

big fat carp?! barf!!

goldfish really creep me out, let alone big fat ones. something about their big eyes and slimy tails and funny mouths that open and close constantly...

im totally gonna visit Fontainebleu.

Miss Jackson said...

i've been there! to fontainebleu, i mean, not new plymouth or invercargill.
it really was fantastique, and just as you describe it.

Jon said...

Mahmoud eh? Sounds like a Pakistani blog wanderer.

Wait a sec, it's probably automatic spam advertising something. In this case, New Plymouth! Gotta hand it to that New Plymouth District Council; they really know how to sell their city!