Sunday, March 25, 2007

Can't think of a title.

Another week in Paris. They are speeding by, and tonight I have to fast foward one hour due to daylight saving. It has been miserable rainy cold weather, no chance to play in the park and not much desire to leave the house!
Have had a lovely Saturday hanging out with a fellow kiwi. Tim is traveling through Europe for a while on his way to Romania, and got to Paris a couple of days ago. We went to a street market near the Eiffel Tower to buy lunch and then metro-d to the Sacre Coeur to eat it there in the drizzle. I love Sacre Coeur, not only is it in the fascinating and lively suburb of Montmarte but it gives a gorgeous view of Paris and it's great to get some elevation in this relatively flat city. We happened upon an antique fair just below the cathedral and had an amusing time perusing ancient oddities from cash registers to leopard skin hats. I bought a comic book about firefighters called 'The Fire of Love', mwahaha. Driving rain forced us indoors at this point so we went to the Modern Art Museum which is free (hooray!) and was well worth a look around. I'm so tired from much walking that I think I will finish with pictures, cos ya know, a thousand words and all that.


3 comments:

Mrs Holman said...

I love the Sacre couer too! Hollie and I had a very memorable picnic there one night and watched the Eiffel tower sparkle! Let's do it again in August!

Scotty said...

You do realise that all of these photos means lots of visitors for you! Great sights!

jessIe said...

tres bien!!