Thursday, March 8, 2007

Chez Sophie





My dear sister, this post is for you. Some petit pictures of my humble abode. It's not exactly very tidy at present but je m'en fiche. So as you can see, there is a couch where you can sleep when you come stay, and I can make you coffee in the morning with my classy yellow percolator. Which, of course, we can drink with fresh croissants while perched on animal-print stools.

All I have been doing so far this week is working. And on Monday I started advanced French classes in town (by town I mean central Paris, as I live outside the periphery). It's kind of like being back at school again, which is not cool, and I don't like the fact that I have to study for a test most Fridays! But I must remember that it is good for me to review my subjunctives, find synonyms and identify the direct object pronoun. Blah.

Okay here is a little idea I got from an email which a friend sent me...perhaps you got it too...
I'll call it Four things.

4 new things I have eaten this week:

1.a religieuse (two iced eclairs, filled with runny chocolate and joined with cream)
2.Endives. Like slightly bitter, white silverbeet.
3. A kind of creamy chestnut whip, can't remember the name but it is apparently very typical french food and very yummy!
4. Lays. well actually I have eaten these before but not by the same name. It's a brand of potato chip.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute is your house mon amie!
i heart it.
can you email me the addy?

I bet you are top of the class! haha..

dunedin is cold today and i wore my winter clothes, v. sad.
r

Scotty said...

So you are still sluming it in Dunners Rach?

Cosy place that is better than being on the streets by far!

Yeah the concept of adult school classes is not cool, but it will help in the long run!

How long is that couch?

Anonymous said...

hot man hot!
ahh its so chic yay i cant wait to sleep on that couch!!
off to watch grays anatomy....
love ya xxxx
alex

Miss Jackson said...

"hot man hot"... i would like to remind everyone that that is in fact a quote from the great Peter Jackson... aka PJ.
grays anatomy was good.
well sophie i saw le hoodie in le placard so tout est bien. glad you're repping me in paree.
question - was it pre furnished? its pretty sweet.
naaaaaiiiize.
cc

jessIe said...

GGGGAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Simply and 100% WONDERFUL!!!!!!

I SOOO want my own wee paree appartment!!!

Joy joy joy!! Do u dance around alot and squeel that you live in Paris?! Bc I will when I get there!!

yelllow teapot thingy?! plus Animail print stools?!
YYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

sorry, got a bit carried away with the amazingness of it all.... SIGH!

snaps for you times a million