Wednesday, April 25, 2007

coupe et brushing=nouvelle tête

I have a gaping hole in my wallet and a nice cool breeze on the back of my neck. If you didn't figure it out from yesterdays post, I had a haircut today. I had tried to find a cheapish hairdresser, as it is ridiculously expensive to get a snip here. Not helped at all by the fact that I can't help but convert the price in Euros into the weak and puny NZ$. I judged entirely by appearance and booked in at a shabby looking little salon with late 70s decor and a reasonable looking price list. What they don't tell you though is that they are going to charge you the same again for the 'shampooing et brushing'. What the...! This is all part of the service people! It's just a blob of shampoo and some uneccessary fluffing with the sèche a cheveux! Grr. I should have gone to the swanky salon next door and paid the same and maybe got a cup of tea or something.
However, grumbling aside, I really like the result and it got the thumbs up from the kids (who always tell you the truth about your appearance whether you like it or not!) I will try to forget the fact that I could have probably bought a return flight to London and just enjoy my 'tête de poupée'. Yes, that's what the hairdresser said when he was done, go look it up in the dictionary.
Here it is, my new tête, along with my best poupée face.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking pretty sharp Soph - I was pretty close with my guesses.

Anonymous said...

Hey Soph, they say that when you have a major change in your life, one of the things that you do is to radically change your hairstyle,(this is especially for women). Tis very good I was talking to Mum (granny) this morning and she wondered what you would look like I just have to get her to your blog now.
lots of love K
Thanks for the updates! Makes me wish for my youth again.
Kate (Cool Aunt)

Anonymous said...

YUSSSS... YOU DID it.
SHeesh, so jealous of your look right now!
Shot soph shot!
love you
Rach

Anonymous said...

It is a new European you. Tres chic!

jessIe said...

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE SOOOOOO TOOT'N ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

I HEART I HEART I HEART!!

sophie said...

chur guys! I'm liking the new do and it's much more practical for the petite canicule (heatwave) that we are experiencing right now.