Thursday, April 26, 2007

Now where was I?

I was telling you about my holidays, okay so we got up to Cassis and now I'm going to fast forward a little. Suffice to say that after Toulon I went to Avignon for a night. Cute place, I recommend. After that I trained through Lyon and Geneva to Zurich. Here I met up with my lovely friend Leo and her family. She and I and her two younger brothers had two very fun days trotting around Zurich (and yes Malcs we went to Grossmunster and spent a long time trying to identify all the biblical scenes on the big bronze doors.) Actually Grossmunster was really great because you can climb up into one of the towers and get great 360 views of the city. One day we took the train around the lake to Lucerne and were planning to take the gondola up to the top of a mountain whose name I forget...Anyway it was going to cost millions of dollars to take the gondola (maybe I exaggerate a little) so we decided to just walk up as far as we could instead.
It was so lovely and green and Swiss as you will see in the photos. We were walking through fields of wildflowers, the sound of cowbells resounding round the rolling meadows. It was very idyllic and I felt like I was Heidi. I like Switzerland, and I can already tell that I am going to feel very at home in Austria! (I have an Austrian grandfather and am hopping to visit all the family there in June.)

2 comments:

jessIe said...

CUTENESS!!!

cooooool

Scotty said...

You should've looked up Dagsey! He lives amongst the cow bells with Heidi in the background!