Sunday, July 15, 2007

and cream with that please...

Hi y'all,
So, this is just mostly to say first of all that I made it to Austria safely Mum and Dad and sorry about the lack of contact but my hotmail account is not working and I have no credit on my phone and my magic phone card won't work! Thus I am using my blog as a means of communication - less than satisfactory, but until I get some higher speed internet that is not all in German you might have to call me if you want to chat (I'm at Hofbauer with Finni.)

So so much has happened in the last week. I realy should go back to last weekend and describe my visit from 2 Kiwi friends but that particular food and sightseeing extravaganza will have to wait for a later post.
After the girls left I did I whirlwind clean of the apartment, loads of washing etc, got packed and prepared to depart for Austria.
I missed my flight.
And I actually don't want to talk about it because I'm feeling so blissfully happy here and bringing it up gives me a little cold shudder. Anyway, thus began my 24 hour travel adventure invovling many trains and little sleep, which finally landed me in Schladming, Austria. Schladming is a darling mountain village where my grandfather was born and where his family still lives to this day.
I LOVE IT HERE!!! Actually it is soooooo great. You will all have to wait til the 26th for photos, but I assure you that it is a little paradise, and the mountain air, long hikes and lashings of cream are doing wonders for me.
Today the sky is blue, we can see all of the mountains - including the Dachstein Poppa! - and my 2nd cousin once removed (?!) is taking us swimming at the lake...because it's about 35 degrees...hehehe.
Okay, time to go and skip in the alpine meadow. There is one just outside the front door.

3 comments:

Penelope said...

Hi Soph, glad you're having such a fabulous time. We'll have to get Finni's number from Edna. When's a good time to ring? Until soon xxxx P

Scotty said...

Sounds like bliss after NZ. I was over in Switzerland this time last year. It was so hot over there and so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

SOO amazing soph!
soudns like you're having an incredible time!
love hearing about your adventures!
xx rach