Monday, July 2, 2007

En vacances


Yoopee doo. I am on holiday.

Last night I kissed everyone goodbye and will see them all again in Cannes, at the start of August. Four months here in Paris have really flown, and my time with the family has been great. Having said that this holiday is sooo welcome, and I know that I need the time to relax and look after myself for a while.

Today actually felt like summer too, after the weeks of rain that we have had. The sun was out and I went to a Jazz festival at the Defense. I went with a friend I hadn't seen for two months and he thought my French had greatly improved, but that I have a slight German accent?! Weird, not sure how to remedy that one.

I went to church tonight, a little Baptist one in the 16th, and found that so many people I talked to have some sort of link to NZ. A brother married a kiwi, a friend studies there, they did work experience there, and they all dream of visiting one day. It's like this mythical little paradise, where we all play rugby and live in bush-clad tranquility, surrounded by sheep.
Hehe, sometimes I like to elaborate on the remoteness and savageness of the country. Those moas can wreak havoc.

So, I feel a little like a kid in a candyshop, with the prospect of a 5 days in Paris all to myself and so many festivals happening and museums and gardens to visit and photos to take and macaroons to eat. Then I have two kiwis coming for the weekend so we'll get all touristy I imagine.

alors, ciao pour l'instant. And there will be more regular posts this week no that I have mucho free time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wohoooooo holidaaays
german accent eh? saweeet better then kiwi any day!
have so much fun and eat some lost bread!
xxx- rach

Scotty said...

It is funny how people do see NZ as a beautiful amazing country which is really warm all the time. We take it for granted. Kiwis are everywhere. You think of yourself as a novelty, but so many Kiwis are all over the place. I bumped into several in Sweden when I was there. It is quite strange.