Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back in Paris, 1 year older.

It is far too late for me to be blogging, I ought to be asleep and building up energy reserves.
I'm back in Paris and was overjoyed to meet the Holmans at my metro stop and to have them staying at my place for a couple of nights. I know it's going to be hard to see them go again!

Just wanted to say thankyou so much to those of you who sent me birthday greetings! It really made my day to come home and find a full inbox and lots of warm fuzzies. I had a bit of an un-birthday, but I was staying in such a paradise that everyday felt special. On the morning of the ninth, around the hour I was born, I took I kind of symbolic swim in the ocean, and tried to imagine entering the water as a 23 year old and coming out 24, oh so much older and wiser. Truth be told I don't feel any different, and after that I kind of tried to forget that it was my birthday cos it made me miss home and the normal birthday rituals. Nobody remembered until dinnertime when one of the kids clicked, and then there were red faces and cake and candles were scraped together.

I have a lot of blogging to catch up on! Austria and now the family holiday on the Cote d'Azur, which was truly exceptional and the perfect antidote to city living.
But first the sleep.
zzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Happy Birthday. Very symoblic swim. I remember my birthday in London last year. Such a downer. But it makes you appreciate future birthdays and since you are in a magical land and not dreary London then you should have good times. A chance to eat some fine pastries and other delicacies.

Scotty said...

That is symbolic not symoblic.