Monday, September 10, 2007

Celeb Watch

It was only a matter of time before I saw one. I mean I'm always hearing about famous people who have just spent the weekend in Paris; but so far no George Clooney at the boulangerie.
My moment with George will come I'm sure, but for now I'll settle for ADRIAN BRODY!!!!
Swoon, he is even better looking in real life. Walking home down rue de la Vieille Temple, I passed a cosy little hole-in-the-wall bar, and slowed in amazement as I realised that the gorgeous man sitting just inside the door was Adrian himself. We made eye contact. And that's the end of my story. After I had passed the door I contemplated going back to say hi but by then the 5 friends coming up behind me had all spotted him too and it would have been a bit mob-like.
So, there we go, it was pretty exciting.
But not as exciting as watching the All Blacks win their first game of the World Cup! They have installed a gigantic screen and some fake grass in front of the Hotel de Ville, and all the games are broadcast live. Yesterday a big crowd turned out for the game including about 50 odd Kiwis I'd say, and we all stood for the anthem, and cheered very loudly. It was lovely and sunny, and they just kept on playing awesomely so even a novice fan like myself found it very enjoyable!

5 comments:

Scotty said...

Yeah France will be buzzing at the moment. Awesome! So would love to be there.

World class celebrities tend to by-pass Dunedin. So you have to make the most of it!

Jon said...

OK, he may be better looking in real life, but that depends whom you are comparing him with! Barry Manilow? Sure!



No... Wait... Barry Manilow is more like his twin...

Miss Jackson said...

hey girl.
just realised i hadn't read your blog for months so just got my fill. wow.
xo
ps. remember anna in nase? "i'll just go for a wee ride on the motor bike while you guys play tennis"....
i came across THE photo of that the other night and had a little giggle to myself.. also went to kaiteriteri in the weekend... ahhh memories.

Mrs Holman said...

Hey Soph! I want to see updates and more pics! (When you get thae chance!)

MALC0LM said...

does john travolta top brody boy?