Monday, March 24, 2008

still here..

oops, 1 month since my last post...
Well I am stil here, just not getting to the internet much and I am sad that I have not been updating more regularly!
Here goes a rapid-fire bullet point entry to get things up to date.

-Infected wisdom tooth saw me spending first 3 days of holidays with a half-inflated face and a much moaning.

-On the 28th flew to Vienna and made the very scenic train trip to Schladming, my little slice of Austrian paradise.

-Ate a lot of cake and watched in wonder as the valley and surrounding mountains were blanketed with snow, and it kept on snowing until the sun came out on the day I left.

-had two lovely days of skiing, on with my own personal ski instructor (thank-you Herbert!) which did wonders for my technique, which I'll be honest I was completely lacking in before.

-Thought once again about the possibilty of spending a lot longer in this place.

-6th of March, long train trip to Venice, but incredibly beautiful and relaxing. Missed one connection which added about 3 hours to the day and thus arrived late and went straight to hotel.

-bad hotel. tried not to look around me too much when in the shower, and checked out first thing in the morn. A friend arrived that evening and we stayed in a much nicer place with kitchen and space and light and security!

- really loved Venice, spent hours and hours just walking and photographing and eating gelato and sighing.

-Back to Paris on the 10th where I have been back at work ever since. I only have 11 more weeks of work and its all over!

-Had the kids sole-charge for one exhausting weekend and just kept my sights on the arrival of my sister.

-She arrived on Friday and despite freezing temperatures the initiation to Paris has begun. She's sitting beside me right now checking to see which of her favourite bands will be playing here in the next few months.

-We have a heck of a lot of eating and sightseeing and shopping to fit in so it's jsut as well that's she's planning on staying for a while!

Happy Easter everyone,
xx

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Hey Soph,

I have been pretty slack in recent times with the blog side of things. It is so busy in Wellys with heaps of cool things. I also went down south for Easter and took a step down memory lane in North Dunedin. There's a bit of a community in Normanby these days. It is great being somewhere different though as you make the most of seeing so many new things. Speaking of which, what are you doing once you finish over there? At least you are moving into a summer of fun in Europe first!

Anonymous said...

i thought i'd venture again into the blogosphere and it seems many of us our forgetting this dying art haha - oh well hope you're well