Sunday, March 18, 2007

Not very chic

I would have liked to have been this girl today. Strolling, gaily around the Eiffel Tower in my beret and stylish white collar. But alas it was not to be, and all my hopes of visitng the Musée d'Orsay were dashed when I woke up with a nasty cough. On the upside though, I awoke from a dream in which I was conversing in French, something I don't think I've ever noticed before. So I thought of the advice my nearest and dearest would give me and decided it would be wise just to stay at home this weekend. I did wrap and warmly and briefly visit the supermarket for oranges, apple puree, eggs and other such invalid food. Since then I have been reading, learning some new vocab, and praising the inventors of youtube. Sad but true, without the internet I would not have been so happily entertained today! Speaking of entertainment, I wonder if 'Nouvelle Star' is on the telly tonight... (French equivalent of Pop Idol, just too funny when they chose to sing a song in english!)

4 comments:

Rach said...

oh sopho, thats not cool!
Hope you are feeling tres better now...
I didnt comment on the photo below before but I did want to say that my fav bit of the outfit on the left is the HANDBAG, hahaa.
Hope you are warmly snuggled up in bed now! xox

Jenn said...

hope you get better soon! btw ive updated my blog finally, you've inspired me to be more diligent with it!

jessIe said...

GET WELL SOON MUCNCHKIN!!

Yes, YouTube rocks my world also! [especially when I was unemployed!] SO todays my day off and two of my best friends are working. GREAT! haha. I shall meet up with the uni-crew for lunch or something I think!

Sleep is the key to success I believe! Goodnight you sleepyhead!

Scotty said...

Since your Mummy is over the other side of the world do you will have to make your own lemon honey drinks and fluff your own pillows! The Internet is a great time waster.