Saturday, June 16, 2007

Garden State

And while I have a lot of time to kill...let me share a little bit of greenery with you.
I must say that I am pretty impressed with the effort that Paris is making to become more eco-friendly and, well, in my opinion more livable. Livable for those who need to see a leaf every now and then! There is some kind of initiative at the moment to start developping more gardens - including community projects to produce veges - and optimising green spaces. For this month the square in front of Hotel de Ville has been turned into a large garden display, and always eager to smell the roses, I went to check it out.

Such a pity that they won't be keeping it permanently! It turns an otherwise boring flat space into a veritable paradise in the center city.


No comments: